This program is for women who want to feel more in control of their anger and to find healthier ways to communicate. It provides an opportunity to explore the nature and meaning of anger and offers practical strategies and tips on how to recognise the triggers, manage your responses and improve your communication and emotional wellbeing. Participants are given tasks to practice between sessions and time to practice techniques during the groups. Please note: An intake interview is required prior to entry into this group. Please phone Relationship Matters to arrange an appointment.
- the nature and meaning of anger
- learn how to recognise the triggers for anger
- explore ways to link thoughts, feelings and actions
- look at the relationship between anger, stress and self care
- learn opportunities to improve communication using assertiveness techniques
- explore different ways of managing conflict
- focus on building a sense of self-esteem, self-worth and support.
- An intake interview is required prior to entry into this group.
- Concession available.
Accessing Services Remotely
Relationship Education Programs and Counselling will be offered through videolink and phone as an optional delivery method in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will provide one on one and group programs using an online tool – Zoom. We can deliver programs and individual counselling virtually via this platform. Our group programs will have a maximum of 6 participants. We will provide instructions on how to access our services online prior to the sessions. You can use your mobile phone, laptop or a desktop computer.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 543 396.