Parenting After Separation is a program designed to support separated parents and their children.
Relationship Matters delivers the program online over 2 sessions (3 hours per session).
Online prerequisites to join the online program:
- An internet connection
- Speakers and a microphone
- A webcam or HD webcam
The program aims to cover the following topics, some topics are not covered in the Intensive Program due to time constraints:
- the pathways of separation
- not partners – but still parents – styles of post-separation parenting
- anger and conflict with your former partner
- how to keep kids safe in the conflict and how to reduce the impact on everyone
- children’s ages and stages and responses to separation
Program Duration & Fees
- 2 sessions across 2 days (one week apart) – 3 hours per day
- $95 Full fee (no concession)
- A short phone intake is required for entry into the intensive program (free of charge).
Accessing Services Remotely
Relationship Education Programs and Counselling will be offered through videolink and phone as an optional delivery method in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We will provide one on one and group programs using an online tool – Zoom. We can deliver programs and individual counselling virtually via this platform. Our group programs will have a maximum of 6 participants. We will provide instructions on how to access our services online prior to the sessions. You can use your mobile phone, laptop or a desktop computer.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 1300 543 396.
Comments from Previous Participants
- I wish I had done this course earlier in my separation.
- Must be used as a pathway for anyone going through separation.
- I am grateful I came and learned. I will be a much better mother and a calmer ex-wife.
- It was helpful to share with others, now I don’t feel so alone.
- Being in a support group was very empowering – especially because they were non-judgemental.
IMPORTANT: Please Read Before Booking
In the event of a program cancellation, participants will be transferred to the next scheduled date or issued with a refund. If a participant cancels their enrolment more than 7 days prior to the program start date, a transfer or refund (less 20% administration fee) will be organised. No refund will be issued for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date.
Relationship Matters will not enrol former partners in the same program. To assist in this, we ask that you identify the name of your former partner when registering for the program (either through the online booking form or when calling to book in).
Please note: this program is an individual course. Participants wishing to involve new partners should consider the Making Step Families Work Program.