Parenting After Separation is a program designed to support separated parents and their children.
Relationship Matters delivers the program as a 1 day intensive course.
This is not a course to teach parents how to parent, but rather how to adapt to separated parenting and manage challenges such as parenting from a distance, conflict with a former partner and the children’s reactions and responses. The group allows plenty of time for questions and discussion.
The program aims to cover the following topics, some topics are not covered in the Intensive Program due to time constraints:
- the pathways of separation
- not partners – but still parents – styles of post-separation parenting
- anger and conflict with your former partner
- how to keep kids safe in the conflict and how to reduce the impact on everyone
- children’s ages and stages and responses to separation
Program Duration & Fees
- One Full Day (7 Hours)
- $95 Full fee (no concession)
- A short phone intake is required for entry into the intensive program (free of charge).
Comments from Previous Participants
- I wish I had done this course earlier in my separation.
- Must be used as a pathway for anyone going through separation.
- I am grateful I came and learned. I will be a much better mother and a calmer ex-wife.
- It was helpful to share with others, now I don’t feel so alone.
- Being in a support group was very empowering – especially because they were non-judgemental.
IMPORTANT: Please Read Before Booking
In the event of a program cancellation, participants will be transferred to the next scheduled date or issued with a refund. If a participant cancels their enrolment more than 7 days prior to the program start date, a transfer or refund (less 20% administration fee) will be organised. No refund will be issued for cancellations within 7 days of the program start date.
Relationship Matters will not enrol former partners in the same program. To assist in this, we ask that you identify the name of your former partner when registering for the program (either through the online booking form or when calling to book in).
Please note: this program is an individual course. Participants wishing to involve new partners should consider the Making Step Families Work Program.