Intercountry Adoption Information and Support Services
Our experienced Intercountry Adoption Information and Support Worker understands adoption and can provide you with a supportive and collaborative approach to assist you and your family with adoption issues and challenges.
The following Information and Support Services are offered to families and couples, including adoptees:
- Advice, support and education during the assessment phase of your intercountry adoption journey and throughout the waiting phase
- Support in speaking to your child about their adoption, including sharing difficult information, addressing questions about their identity and heritage, and assistance with Life Story work and how to introduce this to your child.
- Information and advice in relation to issues common to intercountry adoption.
- Referrals to specialised services within your local community including support networks unique to your child’s country of origin.
- Provide support during the process of search and reunion with birth family members overseas.
Accessing Information and Support Services
If you would like to enquire about Information and Support Services, the first step is to contact the Intercountry Adoption Support Team on 1300 543 396 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A member of the Team will speak with you about your situation and talk through the process. These services are provided free of charge (funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services) and appointments can be offered via telephone or online communication.
About your privacy in relation to Information and Support Services
Information and Support Services are confidential and the privacy of you and your family is paramount.