About the course
Research suggests that 1 in 10 people are living with mental health issues. This means that there is likely to be people in most workplaces that have some type of mental health issues. For anyone leading a team, it can be challenging when you don’t have the information and skills needed to support your staff.
This course will inform you about common mental health issues and strategies for managing appropriately in the workplace.
Who will benefit?
Designed for Managers, Team Leaders and Supervisors, this workshop provides information about common mental health issues and strategies on how to effectively and appropriately manage these within the workplace.
What we will cover
- Understanding the continuum of mental health
- Understanding assumptions and stereotypes
- Identify common mental health issues / disorders
- Understanding characteristics and treatment options
- Strategies to manage mental health in the workplace – key skills and knowledge
- Legal implications to the workplace
- How to identify and minimise potential risks
- Effective communication skills
- Identify resources and supports.
How to book this course